The Keep Learning Centre

Contact Details

GDE EMIS 700400333 . 41 Osterloh Street, Casseldale, Springs . thekeeplearningcentre@gmail.com . Cell: 084 880 0402

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

FAREN TRAVELS THE WORLD

Dear Everyone at THE KEEP

 A short history of what took place after I graduated from THE KEEP LEARNING CENTRE :) 

I went on to volunteer full-time at Ikhaya Lika Baba in KZN, and realised my passion for social work there. I changed my line of study (and universities) three times before finally graduating in Criminology through UNISA. I chose UNISA so that I could travel and work part time jobs... and that's exactly what I did.

 I worked at a nursery school for three years and also as a nanny, while studying and pursuing my interests. I volunteered at random places including Kids Haven and went on church mission trips to Swaziland. 

I spent a year in California on a working holiday, a December in Zimbabwe and Botswana, backpacked South America for 3 months and learnt about various social-care projects there such as Familia Feliz in Bolivia... I discovered my biggest passion to be there in South America and am so excited to return permanently one day!

 At the moment I am writing from north of Canada though (and yes, it is COLD here! -25 degrees!) where I am planning to work for 4-5 years (saving money!), practice my Spanish, and live life to the fullest. I hope to open an off the grid, self-sustaining safe house in South America one day and live happily ever after! :)

 I wish all the kids at THE KEEP best of luck with their studies and I hope they know that they can do great things through Christ! I would like to tell them not to get sucked into the world and to never be afraid to be different and live a righteous life, but to set themselves apart and do those things that truly make them feel alive! It is worth it.

 Attached is a picture of myself at the River Beni before walking into the crazy Amazon Jungle with an indigenous guide.


Love Faren!


No comments:

Post a Comment